[mythtv-theming] MythMediaStream theme

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Aug 8 23:34:02 UTC 2012

* On Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 11:37:58PM +0200, Ted Verhagen wrote:
> Thanks Chris! One question: did you include the separate menu theme which
> is in the MythMediaStreamMenu folder as well? I did create the menu
> especially to match the theme as some of the menu items in the other menus
> are a bit to long to fit the theme its menu lay-out.

It was not originally included, the packaging script didn't allow for
directories outside the theme directory to be included in the .zip
package.  I looked at it earlier today and made a tweak/hack that
would look for a 'themename'Menu subdirectory like your MythMediaStreamMenu
subdir and if the *Menu directory exists, it will be packaged along with
the theme itself.  The Theme Chooser still doesn't set the user's menu to
be MythMediaStreamMenu though if they choose the MythMediaStream theme.
This is and idea we've tosssed around, so we might add that ability
later.  We also have talked about adding Menu Theme download support to
the theme chooser as well, so that concept or the idea of a UI theme that
includes a menu theme could come about.

--
Chris