[mythtv-theming] MythMediaStream theme

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Fri Aug 10 22:59:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

If I could add my 2c worth.

I am working on a 0.25 theme for use at home. This theme is for me and my
family but I would like to make it available for others should they be
interested. I won't be updating it unless it suits me and/or my requirements
change. It may or may not be what others want but I would like to put it out
there. But I would rather not have to go through the trouble of using git,
committing and so on. Equally putting it on my personal website isn't the
best place either.  I am well used to version control but SVN no git ;-)

I have to say I am surprised with such a long running project popular
project that there aren't more themes. I mean just look at the tens of
thousands of themes for Wordpress - totally different kettle of fish I know
but MythTV only has maybe 22 themes. I am expecting lots of people tweak
themes but never submit the changes back because it's not as easy as it
could be. Ideally I would like to be able to submit a zip of the theme plus
screenshots. Of course in a perfect world I could submit a theme via the
frontend J

My theme is for 1360x768 because that's the best my frontend will do and it
has a custom menu because I need  "Recorded Programs", "Schedule" and "Live
TV" at the root menu. I also renamed "Live TV" to "TV Guide". My theme
doesn't work as well if my custom menu isn't used so I would really like
some sort of mechanism that means when you select a theme it automatically
sets a menu if that is what the themer wants - either that or prompts the
user with some sort of option.

Cheers