[mythtv-theming] MythTV-Themes Web Site

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 15 07:46:05 UTC 2012

Hello, themers!

Github provides an ability to create web sites for users, organizations
(like MythTV-Themes) or projects (like your individual theme repos).  I
finally got around to creating a web site for the MythTV-Themes
organization:

http://mythtv-themes.github.com/

and, as you can see, someone should revoke my privileges on that repo!
So, due to my severe lack of artistic talent, I have added all theme
authors who are hosting one or more themes in the MythTV-Themes
organization to a new Team called Website-Commit, which allows push and
pull access to the mythtv-themes.github.com repo.  With this permission,
you all have the ability to fix (er, completely redo :) the web site (as
well as perform any maintenance on it, such as updating preview images
as your themes change or whatever).  You can check out the repo as
described at https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/mythtv-themes.github.com:

git clone git at github.com:MythTV-Themes/mythtv-themes.github.com.git

The current page uses the preview image from each theme, as specified by
the themeinfo.xml.  Since these preview images are generally huge,
they're sized to 320x180 (for wide themes) or 320x240 (for square
themes), but this is done on the client side by the browser.  Therefore,
the page is huge and unwieldy.  If you have more-appropriately-sized
preview images (or would like to add some) in your repos, feel free to
change the link.

There's also a complete lack of style (and design), so it would be
wonderful if you all could come up with a better idea for the site and
make it a great place to showcase your beautiful themes and provide an
easier-to-navigate site for any prospective users or themers.  Feel free
to discuss any proposals here on the list or even just mention that
you're willing to do a "first draft" rework of the page I put up there
(just so we don't have multiple people working independently to replace
it).  Note, also, that we're not limited to a single page, so feel free
to make the site as deep as desired--including placing resources for
themers up there or anything else that will make things easier for you.

Thanks,
Mike