[mythtv-theming] New theme: mythaeon

Ted Verhagen ted.verhagen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 20:11:59 UTC 2013

> - Recording screen: While very pretty, it makes searching for a recent
> recording quite difficult. Having to scroll right to get to an earlier
> recording, where the only feedback is the screenshot (which often
> doesn't correspond to the recording content) and you get to know what
> it is only once highlighted.
> Would it be possible to have an alternative view in list, so at a
> glance you can see 10-12 recording titles at once and immediately see
> which one to select? That would make the wife happy, she finds the
> theme annoying as it is.

Your wife is reacting exactly the same as my girlfriend :) But once I
explained about the recording groups feature (i.e. pressing 'up' and 'down'
keys and possibility to filter on specific groups) she didn't complain
anymore. If more alternative windows for recordings will be developed (like
it is the case for the video library) I can extend the gui for
different/alternative views. Additionally, a feature to search in the
recordings library like the one which is implemented  in mythmusic would be
very much appreciated as I have currently more then a 1000 recordings
stored in the library and scrolling up and down (even with the group filter
applied) can be a bit weary.

> -Video screen: The fullscreen background artwork is almost completely
> covered... Would need some transparency there otherwise I think it's a
> bit of a waste. My video libraries is organised by folders (one for
> each type: action, Sci-Fi, TV etc...)
> When selecting a folder, you can barely see the artwork; (looks like
> this: http://i43.tinypic.com/30xakqp.png)

I'm not entirely happy with the video gallery myself as well. I first
designed it without the panel background but later decided to add the panel
(which indeed is covering most of the artwork) as I thought it to be better
looking. I rarely use the gallery view and most of the times use the list
and browse view. I'll have another look at it once I finished the
mythzoneminder plugin.

> -Menu: The text for the menu is severely shorten here... you see 5
> characters at a max, after that it scrolls...

Can you post a screenshot, not sure what you mean... I assume you have
applied the included menu theme as well.

Thanks Ted.