[mythtv-theming] New MythTV notification center and theme...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:01:22 UTC 2013

Hi there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately as it is definitely going to be useful I
hope) I had to make modifications to the notification center and add a
new state: "busy"

the "busy" state is used to display an in-progress operation, similar
to the MythBusyDialog.

Adding support for those is pretty simple. You can use a static image
or an animate image series.

For the default theme, all I had to do was to add a statetype:

            <state name="busy">
                <area>0,0,100%,100%</area>
                <imagetype name="animation">
                    <area>40,40,105,105</area>
                    <filepattern low="0"
high="24">busyimages/%1.png</filepattern>
                    <delay>250</delay>
                </imagetype>
            </state>

which I extracted from the base.xml