[mythtv-theming] Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire)

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:33:42 UTC 2013

On 25/08/13 16:56, Mark Perkins wrote:

> Hi again, looking to be able to place a semi-transparent shape
> underneath the status icons that appears / disappears when the status
> icons appear / disappear, similar to the arrangement with the
> coverart. However I cannot make the group disappear no matter what I
> try. The status icon appears / disappears depending on the recording
> but the shape remains no matter what. Xml code is as follows:
>
> <group name="buttongroup">
>
> <area>853,633,427,107</area>
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> <shape name="groupbox2">
>
> <area>0,0,427,107</area>
>
> <type>roundbox</type>
>
> <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
>
> <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
>
> <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> </shape>
>
> <imagetype name="autoexpire">
>
> <area>10,10,32,32</area>
>
> <filename>type/autoexpire.png</filename>
>
> <!--position>10,15</position>-->
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> </imagetype>
>
> </group>
>
> Again any assistance possible would be greatly appreciated,
> Mythfrontend 0.27.
>
> Mark.

I'm no themer but I think you should be able to use depends="autoexpire"
like this

             <shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">
                 <area>0,0,427,107</area>
                 <type>roundbox</type>
                 <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
                 <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
                 <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
                 <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
             </shape>

which should show the groupbox2 widget only if the autoexpire widget is
visible.

Paul H.

Paul, thanks very much for the pointer. I couldn't get 'depends' to work
with shapes, nor could I get it to work with the 'autoexpire' widget but I
could get it to work with groups and the coverart widget - a slight rework
of the structure to bundle the shape inside a group and a few other tweaks
and I got exactly the effect I was looking for.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Mark