[mythtv-theming] Question about progressbar widget

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 02:00:03 UTC 2013

Hi there.

Trying to understand how to size a progress bar.

it seems to completely ignore the dimension I give, only using the
dimension from the one it's inheriting from.

Example:
I have a progress bar like so:

        <progressbar name="progress" from="baseprogressbar">

            <area>170,140,100%-20,20</area>

            <layout>horizontal</layout>

        </progressbar>

It really makes no difference to which width I provide. Here I have
100%-20, but I could have 10 for all I care and the appearance is identical.

Problem is that if I make my window smaller, then the progress bar sticks
out of it. I can't make it fit within the parent window; I have to define
the parent window size to make the scroll bar fit.

Any experience on this topic that could help me?

Thanks