[mythtv-theming] New MythTV notification center and theme...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:16:22 UTC 2013

hi

On 6 July 2013 17:27, Elkin Fricke <managementboy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to ask for the "template" feature to be added to the
> notification-ui.
>
> This is what I would like to be able to do:
>
>     <textarea name="description_without_progress" from="basetextarea"
> depends="!progress_text">
>       <area>15,30,890,120</area>
>       <template>%DESCRIPTION%</template>
>     </textarea>
>
>     <textarea name="description_with_progress" from="basetextarea"
> depends="progress_text">
>       <area>15,30,890,36</area>
>       <template>%DESCRIPTION%</template>
>     </textarea>

Ok this is now possible.. templates can now be used by any textarea
widgets defined in a screen as the text template is applied to any
textarea widget making use of the template, no matter the name of the
widget.

The display of progress_text is now configurable in the theme and you
can use "progress" as a dependency.

I've adapted the default theme to make use of this new behaviour in
MythUI widgets like so:

        <textarea name="progress_text" from="basetextarea" depends="progress">
            <area>370,105,-10,30</area>
            <align>right</align>
        </textarea>

        <progressbar name="progress" from="baseprogressbar">
            <area>18,140,100%-28,10</area>
        </progressbar>

        <textarea name="description_noprogress" from="basetextarea"
depends="!progress">
            <area>18,75,-10,115</area>
            <multiline>yes</multiline>
            <align>left,top</align>
            <template>%DESCRIPTION%</template>
        </textarea>
    </window>

you don't have to call the textarea description_noprogress, any name is fine.

Use "progress" has a dependency to know if you are displaying a
MythPlaybackNotification, as it's the only widgets whose visibility is
controlled by the Notification Center, every other widgets visibility
are controlled by the theme.

Hope this is what you were after.

Jean-Yves