[mythtv-theming] Theme with incorrect notification support

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 00:32:57 UTC 2014

Hi there.

I was attempting to show photos from my iPad over the week-end, and I
discovered that I struggled to find a custom theme properly handling
full screen notification as used by AirPlay photo sharing.

All the ones listed below had a problem or another:

- Steppes/Steppes-narrow: Photo isn't full screen, there's a black
rectangle at the bottom of the screen (John showed me a fix for this a
few months back, but it doesn't seem to have made it in the official
release)

- MythMediaStream: no fullscreen support at all, photos is shown in a
tiny box on the right side of the screen, with the image of a bottle
on the beach being full screen. On the top right the message "Change
display groups" is shown

- MythAeon: similar as MythMediaStream, except that the photo is shown
in the top right corner in a small square

To check how full screen notification should be displayed, look at the
default themes. They do it just fine.
Full screen image notification means just that, the image should be
shown in full screen, any text is to be displayed above. If there's no
text, there should be nothing but the image. There's no room for
interpretation here.

Would be great if they were fixed. Support for photo sharing is IMHO
is big new features in MythTV 0.27; and the theme not handling full
screen notifications properly make that feature either unusable or
seriously hindered.

thanks
Jean-Yves