[Mythtv-translators] What happened the translated XML f

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Aug 19 01:03:55 UTC 2010

Hi Stuart!

On 8/18/2010 2:44 PM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 Aug 2010 15:38:21 Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>> They were recently removed by one of the MythTV devs since it's no longer a
>> supported way of doing it.
>
> That would be me.

guilty as charged? (-;

(I'm kidding here... I'm referring here to my post of this morning in
which I said about myself that I was "guilty as charged"...)

>> As far as the translations themselves are concerned what was already
>> translated in these files has not been transferred to the .ts files as far
>> as I know so you have to re-translate them...
>
> It wasn't practical to transfer the old translations. However they can still
> be found here if someone wants to copy and paste into linguist:

<snip>

It would not have been easy to do and might have caused more harm than
good if the string had been already present in the .ts file but with a
different translation.

I was tempted (once I got home) to refer the OP to the changeset in
question (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25638) to get the old
translations but because of character set issues it's not quite readable...

Have a nice day!

Nick