[Mythtv-translators] ANNOUNCE: MythTV Translation Status monitoring tool

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Aug 23 09:39:43 UTC 2010

2010/8/21 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> Coincidentally, the themestrings have /just/ been updated, and you can
> see the marked drop-off in the overall % numbers on the status page.

Cool, do we know if this is an intermediate update or the final string
freeze (given no errors are found)?

>> I would probably generate the new themestrings on each trunk status
>> generation but just leave it out for each -fixes status generation, as
>> it doesn't/shouldn't change any more after release.
>
> Perhaps it might be a good idea to update the status less (~1
> update/month?) during the development cycle (release -> release +5
> months) and then update perhaps once or twice a week once the code is
> frozen and translations start to be submitted and applied?  I notice
> from 0.23-fixes that translations are backported after release, so it
> seems sensible to continue to track the -fixes branch up until the
> next version becomes frozen and all efforts go into that.

Sounds reasonable. However, I don't know how the backporting of
translations to -fixes will be handled in the future, I think most of
the backported translations to 0.23 was just due to people missing the
deadline before final release. I haven't followed it that closely, but
I think the backporting stopped after a few weeks.

Best Regards
Kenni