[Mythtv-translators] How to translate "preroll + head start"?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Mon Sep 20 12:50:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> Hi Kenni,
>
> On 9/19/2010 4:25 PM, Kenni Lund wrote:
>>
>> Ikke, this message shouldn't really translatable at all, it's way too
>> technical. It will most likely get removed/replaced in 0.25, so for
>> now, I suggest that you just leave it (like you did).
>
> If they are kept, they should be translatable but they also should be made
> more user-friendly (as Michael and Stuart mentionned in the IRC channel
> thread you quoted).
>
> If a way to make them less technical isn't found, they should not be
> displayed in any language (that includes English).

I also just happened to enter #mythtv at the time to notice that
explanation. I think the English translation for it would be: "Waiting
a moment before starting commercial flagging". That's basically what
anyone needs to care about it. Even technical users, since it really
doesn't expect user to do anything about it. IMO the English original
text should be along that sentence...

-ikke