[Mythtv-translators] Mythmusic Eject Media string is used in Videos Menu

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Sep 25 12:18:36 UTC 2011

Hi Yianni

2011/9/25 Yianni Vidalis <yiannividalis at hotmail.com>:
> I was trying to refine some translation of the Videos menu (I am using the
> Arclight theme, if it makes a difference) and I realised that I had to
> change the THEMEUI "Eject Media" string in mythmusic_el.ts file to affect
> the relevant setting in the Videos Menu. Is this normal?

Well, unfortunately yes. It's because the same string exists in
several translation files with the same generic context. If we had
decided to go for one large .ts translation file, the identical
strings would have been merged together and conflicting translations
like this would be avoided. However, with the current approach with
one translation file per plugin, conflicting translations will
eventually happen when MythTV loads several of the translation files
containing the same strings in the same context, but with different
translations.

With mythvideo merged into mythfrontend, the mythfrontend_el.ts file
would be the place to look for the old mythvideo translations.

> Should I post this in the Dev list?

No, this behaviour is as expected.

Best regards
Kenni