[Mythtv-translators] "guide data program"

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Wed Apr 4 23:08:24 UTC 2012

On 4/4/2012 3:23 PM, ikke wrote:
> I was first wondering about the string until I found the further
> explanations about it:
>
> "If enabled, the guide data program will be run automatically.",
> backendsettings.cpp
>
> I think that should rather contain the word fetch/grab/fill, to
> reflect it's about fetching (xmltv) the data instead of showing it
> (EPG)

Hi Ilkka!

I am trying to find the string you mention so that I can leave myself a
note so that I can address the issue once we are no longer in string
freeze but I have been unable to find one where "guide data program" is
associated with "If enabled, the guide data program will be run
automatically.".

The help text I found for "guide data program" is "Use
'mythfilldatabase' or the name of a custom script that will populate the
program guide info for all your video sources.".

Is this the string that you would like to modify (ie replace "populate"
with "fetch")?

"If enabled, the guide data program will be run automatically." seems to
be associated with "Automatically update program listings".

Please let me know...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas