[Mythtv-translators] "guide data program"

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Thu Apr 5 07:34:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> On 4/4/2012 3:23 PM, ikke wrote:
>> "If enabled, the guide data program will be run automatically.",
>> backendsettings.cpp

It is this exact string I wanted to address. And any of those nearby
following strings mentioning "guide data program", I believe that for
an average Joe "guide data program" doesn't say much, even long time
user like me had to think twice what does it mean.

Of course the strings are out of context in linguist, and one doesn't
there necessarily see the further explanation text next to the option
string, it makes it harder to guess what it means. But anyway,
referring to "guide data program" is perhaps too technical term for a
user. Rather something like "program guide downloader" would be more
human.

This is extremely minor issue, but just wanted to mark it up since I
got stuck there for a moment.

Thanks,
  ikke