[Mythtv-translators] "guide data program"

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Apr 5 10:55:53 UTC 2012

Hi Stuart!

On 4/5/2012 5:46 AM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 Apr 2012 19:08:24 Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>> I am trying to find the string you mention so that I can leave myself a
>> note so that I can address the issue once we are no longer in string
>> freeze but I have been unable to find one where "guide data program" is
>> associated with "If enabled, the guide data program will be run
>> automatically.".
>
> mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/backendsettings.cpp ln 748
>
> It's viewable under mythtv-setup, General settings

I know... (-;

I had misunderstood what Ilkka meant as we actually have "guide data
program" as a string to translate and this string has, obviously, a
different help text.

I don't know since when Qt Linguist does that but if you work in a
directory where all the files have been checked-out (which is not always
the case for me) when you click on a string it shows it to you in the
source code (that's what those "location" strings in the translation
file are about). So I knew exactly were that string was in the source code.

So the problem was not that I had not found were the "MythFillEnabled"
and/or "MythFillDatabasePath" settings were set it was that I
misunderstood what string we should be changing...

That's what happens when you running low on caffeine... (-;

> It should be something like "If enabled, program guide data (information?)
> will be downloaded automatically."

Yep, thank you!

Have a nice day!

Nicolas