[Mythtv-translators] Empty translations/plurals...

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Thu Apr 12 08:02:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> No you don't, those commands work as-is...

ok, my bad, I had originally problems when I didn't escape them in my
greps, I didn't try yours since I had already done the job. Perhaps
different grep version.

> It might have been nice to ask me before doing so, if I had wanted to have a
> reply to one of my emails sent to the list I would have sent it to the list
> myself... I didn't consider those greps to be ready for public consumption
> yet (especially the second one which is mine, the first is from Kenni).

Sorry about that. I started replying to you only but after writing all
the commands there in the hurry I just thought to CC the list at the
end. I forgot to be polite there, I apologise. I should have also
changed the topic to something like "command examples while doing the
translations" so someone would find it while looking for help, but
well, too late.

> We (Kenni and I) actually prefer to keep those in (even if means a lot of
> line where the only chage are line number changes)...
>
> This point will, eventually, become moot but what's in the wiki right now as
> far as lupdate argument is what we want people to use...

Ok, matter of taste, either way works. It is a personal preference,
I'll not argue. Good that you pointed it out, so people will not get
misguided by me.

> Thanks, your script had a lot of interesting ideas in it... I wouldn't
> recommend everybody to do as you did but it was quite an interesting read...

I agree, everyone works the way they are most productive, and I wanted
to share my method in hopes that someone starting translations could
find any piece of it useful.

BR,

 -i