[Mythtv-translators] Couple of questions about .25 strings

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Mar 15 00:49:09 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 3/14/2012 3:09 PM, ikke wrote:
> "Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
> address (ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend
> on a different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is
> still required for certain extras such as UPnP."
>
> What is "still required"? Local address or IP setting in general?

OK, I was able to "talk" to the dev who worked on this.

UPnP (for example) is an IPV4 only protocol so if you want UPnP (and a
few other things) to work you must still provide an IPV4 address. If you
don't care about UPnP (and the other things that are IPv4 specific) you
don't need to provide an IPv4 address...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

PS: IPv4 are the old 32-bit IP addresses, IPv6 the new 128-bit ones...