[Mythtv-translators] [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Mon Mar 19 03:34:00 UTC 2012

On 3/8/2012 9:57 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> As new release of MythTV is coming, will the Chinese date/time formats
> be added? Thank you.
>

> Walter

Hi Walter!

They were added in this commit:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ddc1e1e18

I used the hexadecimal codes in the source code to avoid any possibility
that the characters could be corrupted if somebody edited the file with
an editor that is not Unicode aware but you should see the right
characters on your screen.

I actually decided against doing what I wanted to do initially (ie add
new date and time formats using the languages files) as I realized it
wasn't the best place to do that (locale files might actually be a much
better place for that).

Having a way to add new date/time formats (without having to modify the
source code) will most likely be looked at in the future though but
we're too close to release to do that for 0.25.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas