[Mythtv-translators] Fwd: theme translations

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Thu Nov 8 20:31:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

please remind me what's the plan to get themes translated? I switched to
blue-abstract-wide and all the hints are now in English, and some menu
entries too.

I see there is only german translations in the .xml files under
~/.mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide. Somehow most of the menu strings show
anyway in Finnish for me, so I assume the strings come somewhere from
generic mythtv menues. But some are missing. What's the logic?

What is missing from the Finnish translations that cause this? Or do I just
need to add ~80 strings into *.xml in theme dir? The strings are mostly the
same that do exist anyway in mythtv, and I recall there was string freeze
for themes at some point.

Was there some master plan to get these strings into linguist?

BR,

 Ilkka T