[Mythtv-translators] Unfinished Norwegian translations - strange problem

Rune Evjen rune.evjen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 20:35:26 UTC 2013

The updated mythtv translation stats shows some untranslated strings
for the Norwegian translation.

Using "git pull" for a fresh copy of the lates master, mytharchive has
one untranslated string ("Add Video") after running 'lupdate
-locations absolute  translate.pro' :

~/test/mythtv/mythplugins/mytharchive/i18n$ grep -2 "Add Video"
mytharchive_nb.ts
    <message>
        <location filename="themestrings.h" line="11"/>
        <source>Add Video</source>
        <oldsource>Videos</oldsource>
        <translation type="unfinished">Videoer</translation>
--
    <message>
        <location filename="themestrings.h" line="11"/>
        <source>Add Video</source>
        <translation>Legg til video</translation>
    </message>

After running 'lupdate -locations absolute -no-obsolete
translate.pro', the search gives:

~/test/mythtv/mythplugins/mytharchive/i18n$ grep -2 "Add Video"
mytharchive_nb.ts
    <message>
        <location filename="themestrings.h" line="11"/>
        <source>Add Video</source>
        <oldsource>Videos</oldsource>
        <translation type="unfinished">Videoer</translation>

In my other fresh copy of the repo, with Nicolas' MythMediaStream
patch applied, I have no untranslated strings, and the same search
gives this result:

~/mythtv/mythplugins/mytharchive/i18n$ grep -2 "Add Video" mytharchive_nb.ts
    <message>
        <location filename="themestrings.h" line="28"/>
        <source>Add Video</source>
        <translation>Legg til video</translation>
    </message>

I don't know how to figure this out, as I maintain the Norwegian
mythtv translation with the MythMediaStream patch, while on the other
hand I would also like to reach the magic 100% status :)

Any hint is wlecome!

Best regards,

Rune