[mythtv-users] Alsa spdif out?

Ian Westcott ijw1 at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 1 03:23:13 EST 2003

Has anyone gotten such a thing to work for MythTV? :) I don't want to
have to use my analog output since 1) that would require yet another
cable in a messy area and 2) there is this low-level annoying hum that
I've yet to track down.

Better yet, does anyone know if it's possible in ALSA to route sound sent
to the OSS devices to the spdif device? (Ie, open /dev/dsp, it gets sent
through digital out) Windows drivers can usually do it, and I have the
feeling with Alsa's flexibility that it's possible, but ALSA's
documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

Ian