[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 driver not loaded (SOLVED?)

Mike Pflugfelder mikep at keyinfosys.com
Wed Apr 2 16:02:28 EST 2003

I'm running RedHat 8.0, stock install, and was getting the following when I
tried to run the setup to install MythTV:

[root at localhost setup]# ./setup
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

I found a package that I needed to load to get this working:

[root at localhost myth8]# rpm -qa | grep -i qt
qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17
qt-devel-3.0.5-17
qt-3.0.5-17

After I installed the qt-MySQL rpm, I was able to run setup with no apparent
problems.  I saw that someone else had posted that QT needed MySQL support
built in to it, and I guess that RedHat decided to make this an RPM instead
of compile it into the stock QT install.  Maybe this should be put in to the
instructions as specific to RedHat 8.0??

-Mike Pflugfelder