[mythtv-users] why are the mythtv stream files different fromstandard codecs?

Fri Apr 4 14:28:56 EST 2003

This is covered in the FAQ I think?

You need a patch to mplayer to play these .nuv files.  If you read back in the archives for this list, approx 11 hours ago, the patch was re-posted by Andy Davidoff (subject line "[mythtv-users] mplayer + nuv/(mpeg4|rtjpeg) patch". )

I haven't personally tried the patch, but I think it is worth reading all the previous articles, there appear to be some caveats to the patch, or perhaps the patch needs tweaking for later versions of mplayer...? Not sure exactly

Good luck