[mythtv-users] why are the mythtv stream files different fromstandard codecs?

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 22:16:40 EST 2003

Greg,

  Probably a simple problem, but I'm having problems
patching the .90rc5 version of mplayer.  I have
the file:  mplayer-mythtv.diff.  It has several
references to:

MPlayer-0.90rc0.orig and Mplayer-0.90rc0.  I changed
these to Mplayer-0.90rc5.orig, etc.   I then run
the command:

patch <mplayer-mythtv.diff   and get:

[mythtv at taos mplayer]$ patch <mplayer-mythtv.diff
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -ur
MPlayer-0.90rc5.orig/libmpcodecs/native/nuppelvideo.c
MPlayer-0.90rc5/libmpcodecs/native/nuppelvideo.c
|---
MPlayer-0.90rc5.orig/libmpcodecs/native/nuppelvideo.c
    2002-08-28 23:45:45.000000000 +0100
|+++ MPlayer-0.90rc5/libmpcodecs/native/nuppelvideo.c
 2003-03-07 18:40:33.000000000 +0000
File to patch:

Thanks,

Mike