[mythtv-users] bttv driver

Iohan Reyes ijr at routex.net
Sun Apr 6 16:19:03 EDT 2003

Hi all...my odyssey continues.  I have managed to install X, ALSA, XMLTV,
LAME, and mythtv but when I run mythtv-setup it segfaults at input
connections, apparently because I have no /dev/video.  I am assuming this
is probably because I have not properly installed my bttv driver.  The
problem is, the website and docs are not very clear on the proper way of
installing the bttv driver.  I read the READMEs, I had a /usr/src/linux
ready because of a previous kernel recompile, so I thought a simple make,
make install would work for the 0.7 bttv driver, it seemed like it worked,
but then I had a bunch of unresolved symbols and the module doesn't work.
I am willing to do it over or do it a different way, but would like some
guidance on the best way to install the bttv-driver and where I can get
good step-by-step instructions.  I plan on putting all of this on my
website for future reference once I get it working...

Thanks!

Iohan
http://www.routex.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=4