[mythtv-users] Mplayer Patch Problem

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 13:59:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

  I've installed mplayer v 0.90rc5 and patched it with
the patch labeled
mplayer-0.90rc5-mythtv-20030405.diff.
I've recoded a 1/2 hour show with Mythtv that's in the
modified NuppelVideo ( .nuv ) file format.  When I
watch it using MythTV,  the audio and video are in
perfect sync.

  When I use mplayer ( patched ) to watch the .nuv
file, the audio quickly falls behind.  Longer I
watch, the farther behind it gets.

  Just to verify the sync problem was not a hardware
problem on my system,  I used memcoder and mencvcd
with various combinations of options to burn VCDs.
Playing them with both Xine ( on Linux ) and in my
home DVD player,  I see the same sync problem.

  Is this the expected behavior of the patched
mplayer?
Or,  do I have something wrong with my setup.

    Thanks,

     Mike