[mythtv-users] Channels off by 1

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Apr 7 16:53:21 EDT 2003

Jason Schloer wrote:

> So I got Myth installed and working mostly over the weekend. I figured
> out my xmltv listing type and got everything downloaded. It looks and
> works great, however my channels are off by one. i.e. when I'm tuned to
> channel 3 I'm seeing channel 2, channel 35 actually displays 34, etc.
> I'm sure this is probably fairly easy to change somewhere, but I'm not
> sure where to start. I don't know if it's a myth thing, or something I
> need to change in the capture driver or what. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hum, probably know what the problems is...

> Also, what's the best way to fine tune the channels?

...yup, that's it.

  Some look ok, but
> some are pretty much black and white. Also, in case it helps at all I'm
> using an ati TV wonder VE card. Thanks for the help and the great piece
> of software.

The TV wonder cards sometimes have the wrong tuner type
which causes the frequencies to be off by nearly a channel.
Setting the correct type as an option for the bttv driver
corrects this problem.

Check the archives for details in some of the earlier threads.

http://gossamer-threads.com/archive/Misc_C2/MythTV_F10/

--  bjm