[mythtv-users] [OT] Strange Problem with new MB

Calvin Harrigan calvinharrigan at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 13:17:05 EDT 2003

Greetings all,
        I have a question not directly related to mythtv, but...  Yesterday,
Sunday, I swapped out the motherboard in my mythtv box.  The only other
thing that changed was the memory, same amount though.  DDR -> SDRAM.  The
machine seems to work fine, but when it comes to mythtv it behaves
erratically.
I can watch pre-recorded programs fine, I use the epg to schedule programs,
I can even record programs! But for reasons beyond my understanding right
now I can't watch live TV.  Nothing else has changed as far as
software/configuration goes.  I initially thought that it was a hardware
problem, you know something wrong with the TV card setup, gave up on that
idea when I did a record.  It record for 3 hours without missing a beat.
After messing with it some more I realised that I was getting was seems like
hardware/kernel/driver errors.  Something to the effect of:

VIDIOSYNC 0: Invalid Argument
VIDIOSYNC 1: Invalid Argument
.
.
.

This repeats until I kill the backend or the backend crashes.

I also noticed that if I did a 'dmesg'  I get a funky error about interrupts
on the tv card and that the driver is resetting it the card.  I moved the
card to a different slot and that cleared up, not sure what that was about
because it had it's own interrupt before, but now it's sharing with the nic.

I'm not convinced that it's not a hardware problem and was wondering if
anyone had any ideas/experiences to help try to solve my problem.

Thanks,

Calvin