[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out!

Micah Morton micah at oregontech.net
Tue Apr 8 17:13:36 EDT 2003

Right, you want the best of both worlds, but as people have previously
stated: The epia just doesn't cut it. TV out is horrible, driver support
is horrible (though getting better I hear).  With the current products on
the market, you either DON'T get the best of both worlds.  You either wait
for new technology, or take what you are given. Could take a year or so
for an intel based motherboard that is low power enough for your
standards.  Yes, they have the centrino chip.. but it is and will be for a
year or so only a laptop board.

Most users aren't going to need 5 household PVR devices. And those who do,
should use a desktop for encoding and epias for decoding.

You shouldn't have higher standards than reality can give you.

PS. I'm not trying to plug these boards, because I'm not making any money
on them. I just thought that they would help somebody out.

--Micah