[mythtv-users] Re: g200 MJPEG decode problem in mplayer and mythTV(but not lavplay)

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Wed Apr 9 13:05:05 EDT 2003

Chris and Shannon wrote
> If you are getting good results I may have to try Gentoo again.  I'm
> currently using SuSE 8.1 and the stock kernel which came with it.
> Lavrec/layplay work great, but I don't like having 30 minute shows take up
> 4GB of space.  Besides, I like the features of mythTV.

I don't know why everyone is so concerned about different distros of
linux, because linux is linux.  You might have different versions of
libraries than someone else, but you always have the power to go find
the ones you need and install them.

"stock kernel" is a red flag for me.  I'd recommend looking into
compiling your own kernel with all the options that you will need
and leave out the things you do not.

but the real issue sounds like you might have to go find some
different versions of the libraries that myth depends on.

-Chris