[mythtv-users] MythTV with an external tuner

Carlos Talbot carlos at talbot.net
Thu Apr 10 13:01:39 EDT 2003

Jason Tackaberry wrote:

> Has anyone on this list been able to make the Actisys 200L work with
>
>ExpressVu (or Echostar / Dishnetwork) receivers?
>
>Jason.

There are entries for codeset #9 and #6 from the sample lircd.conf file
in http://www.lirc.org/remotes.tar.bz2 : remotes/echostar/DBS

# contributed by      Jordan Hazen  <jnh at aug.com>
#
# brand:                         Echostar / DishNetwork (ExpressVu)
# model no. of remote control:   "blue-button" remote set for codeset #9
# supported devices:   Most models of Echostar IRDs: 2700, 4700, 5000 etc.
#                      Receiver must be set to a matching remote codeset,
#                      per instructions in the manual.  There are 16 choices
#                      available, to avoid interference between nearby
#                      units.  I've recorded codes #9 (here) and #6.
#
# Pulse timing is more critical than usual for these receivers.  You may
# have to play with the one/zero widths to get it working on a particular
# computer.  A kernel compiled with HZ set to 1000 or 1024 (rather than
# 100) is also helpful.

# contributed by      Jordan Hazen  <jnh at aug.com>
#
# brand:                         Echostar / DishNetwork (ExpressVu)
# model no. of remote control:   "blue-button" remote set for codeset #6
# supported devices:   Most models of Echostar IRDs: 2700, 4700, 5000 etc.
#                      Receiver must be set to a matching remote codeset,
#                      per instructions in the manual.  There are 16 choices
#                      available, to avoid interference between nearby
#                      units.  I've recorded codes #6 (here) and #9.
#