[mythtv-users] MythTV with an external tuner

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Thu Apr 10 12:36:31 EDT 2003

Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 11:31, Adrian Burden wrote:
>
>>I have a Actisys 200L from http://shop.store.yahoo.com/snapstreammedia/
>

> Has anyone on this list been able to make the Actisys 200L work with
> ExpressVu (or Echostar / Dishnetwork) receivers?
>
> Jason.

I had mine up and running (ExpressVU 3100 receiver with a 200L to
control it).  I've recently re-installed my Myth box, and I haven't
got around to setting it up again, though.  One thing that I do
remember is that to get it to work reliably, you have to make a change
to your kernel source and recompile your kernel:

In your linux source directory (ie. /usr/src/linux) edit the file

include/asm-i386/param.h

At around line 5, change the definition of HZ from 100 to 1024.  With
this timing change, I had the 200L working reliably with my ExpressVU.

Remember that if you want to use one of the config files supplied with
LIRC, you have to change the remote address on your satellite
receiver (check you manual for details) to either 6 or 9, depending
on which codeset you're using.

As soon as I reconfigure mine, I'll post full details.

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

You could set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill
And I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe Deville
	- Joe Diffie..."Pickup Man";