[mythtv-users] Starting Myth automatically w/ twm?

Vincent Colombo vcolombo at wi.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 21:07:43 EDT 2003

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has an idea on how to start Myth
automatically with twm. I know if I had this on a dedicated box I could
just put it in the xinitrc but I'm not. What I want to do is create a
mythtv user and have MythTV launch automatically when this user logs
in. So, X will already be up and running and the xinitrc won't work (as
far as I know).

Anyone have an idea on how I could pull this off? I had it working in
KDE but I don't want to have KDE running behind Myth (actually, I just
don't want to see the KDE starting up screen when this user logs in,
just want Myth to start quickly). I also had it working with XFCE but
there's the same (XFCE startup screen, panel starting before Myth
launches).

Thanks,

Vince