[mythtv-users] Record Past the End of a Show Not Working

Jeremy Johnson sp_towelie at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 21:02:44 EDT 2003

First off, thanks for any help in advance, and
secondly thanks to the MythTV folks for making such a
sweet, sweet program.

That out of the way, I have searched high and low
throughout the forum and have not been able to find
anyone else with this problem so here goes...

I've been missing the end of some shows, so I tried
setting up MythTV to record 5 minutes (300 seconds)
past the end of the show but it doesn't seem to be
working.

The setting is there, it's in the database. I have
restarted MythTV (frontend and backend), and I have
rebooted the computer.  There are no shows being
recorded immediately after and there are no scheduling
conflicts.

I have shows to be recorded at certain time slots and
I have shows to be recorded at any time they are shown
on a certain channel and none of them are recording 5
minutes past the end.

Here is a bunch of info about my setup that may or may
not be useful:

MythTV 0.8
Gentoo Linux 1.4
MySQL 3.23.56 (Running on another computer)
All Myth Components (i.e. MythVideo, Music) installed

I have also been switching back and forth between KDE
3.1.1 and Blackbox 0.65.0

If anyone has a clue please let me know, I'm stumped.
Thanks again.