[mythtv-users] Question about remotes ... Was: Newbie

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Sat Apr 12 22:09:45 EDT 2003

If your Hauppage card currently supports a remote, do you need to
purchase a new IR receiver?

The reason I ask is I have a Winfast TV2000 with a remote, which works
fine, except the remote lacks all the buttons I want. I tried using
different remote, but irrecord wasn't picking up any input. Are the IR
receivers that come with most capture cards specific to the remote
itself?

Has anyone gotten a different remote to work with the IR receiver that
comes with the WinFast TV2000?

Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>