[mythtv-users] How to record Monday only showing of a daily show

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Sun Apr 13 20:28:45 EDT 2003

>>> Ack.. I ran out of time last week so I haven't gotten all of weekslot
>>> working...  I'll try to get a new patch out wednesday to get it to
>>> always show up (right now it will hide itself if it appears to be a
"daily"
>> show).

>> I'm not going to be adding any more recording settings to the main ui,
>> btw.  5 options are more than enough of a choice.

>The root issue here seems to be one of "uniqueness", ie determining that
the
>tuesday show is a repeat of the monday show?
>
>I think this is non-trivial - we need to be careful not to have a plethora
>of funny options...

Actually the fix doesn't deal with uniqueness or adding yet another
recording
type (once I get weekslot worked out).  Right now, weekslot would hide
itself
if it found that the show happened every day.  If I get rid of that, it will
work like Mark wants it to.

This does bring up a question though.  After Weekslot is done, I was
planning
on adding flags to "record" so it could:
 A. Duplicate Control
  1. Record every program (i.e. don't pump into oldrecorded)
  2. Consider "Description" insignificant (blank/varying descriptions don't
       cause a recording)
  3. Consider "Episode" insignificant
  4. All things must be present and the same for a recording not to occur.
 B. "After Recording Is Done"
  1. "Normal"
  2. "One Shot" - Once the recording is done, it removes the recording entry
     (that way I can record "Rain Man" wherever/whenever and only get one of
      them.  This could also have been done with 2+3 above -- most movies
      don't have episodes).

Currently MythTV does #4, but I've seen requests for #1, and things like
Disney's "The Wiggles" only have an episode, so I have to prune dupes
right now.

What would be the best way to present this?
I was also thinking of yet another recording restriction - "Weekly"
which will only let you get 1 show/week (to be combined with
"Anytime/Anywhere" for things like Motorweek which appears
on 3 channels all over the map, but only has new material every
Monday), but I wasn't going to mess with that until I teach the
scheduler new tricks.

-Thor Johnson