[mythtv-users] MythTV on PPC

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 01:34:57 EDT 2003

>         I have the frontend working on Linux/PPC.  It required some
> big-endian patches.  I can post these patches if there's interest.  I
> was trying to get it working on MacOSX but it turns out that there is
> no Xv support and X11 ShM is not usable.  I need to try it again after
> the recent non-ShM mode fixes.  Adding SDL support to Myth may be the
> way to go but it's not something I can try to do for now.

Yes, I would love more info and patches to get mythtv compiled on ppc.
I gave it a whirl today, but I don't think I had much of a chance,
since I don't know much about this stuff. I don't even know what the
hell "big-endian" means. Anyway, here is what I did.

Today I  tried to compile mythtv today on an slot loading imac G3 400
mhz with mandrake 9.1 ppc.

It failed even when I changed settings.pro from:

release {
         DEFINES += MMX
         QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = -O6 -march=pentiumpro
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations
}

release {
         DEFINES += MMX
         QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = -O6 -march=powerpc
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations
}

got a similar error when I tried 'ppc' rather than 'powerpc'

I guess that isn't the only change I have to make. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks

Cedar

this is the error I got:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cedar/download/MC/libs/libavformat'
cd libmyth && make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cedar/download/MC/libs/libmyth'
qmake -o Makefile libmyth.pro
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cedar/download/MC/libs/libmyth'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cedar/download/MC/libs/libmyth'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O6 -march=powerpc -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops
-fexpensive-optimizations -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DMMX -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I.
-I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/lib/qt3/include -o dialogbox.o dialogbox.cpp
cc1plus: invalid option `arch=powerpc'
make[2]: *** [dialogbox.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cedar/download/MC/libs/libmyth'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmyth] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cedar/download/MC/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
[cedar at localhost MC]$