[mythtv-users] Newbie - Can't watch TV

Tom Erskine dealguy2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 10:24:43 EDT 2003

Ok, I am very new to this, so I don't know exactly
what to ask or what information you need.  I am trying
to set this up on just one machine for now.  I have
followed all the steps and have mythbackend working.
When I go into mythfrontend, I go to TV, then the next
menu comes up, and I press Spacebar on watch TV, and
that is as far as I get.  The screen doesn't change,
everything just locks up.  I am using a WinTV-Go
capture card, a Matrox G450 video card, on a P4 1.8
running Mandrake 9.0  I can watch tv using xawtv, but
when testing like the doc says (mute the line in and
use aplay  /dev/dsp, I just get a few popping sounds,
nothing else.  I am guessing this is an sounds card
problem, I am using alsa with the Intel 8x0 drivers.
Any ideas to get this working?

Thanks!