[mythtv-users] MythTV on PPC

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 15 00:05:40 EDT 2003

        Here are patches against CVS a few hours ago to make
mythfrontend work on PowerPC machines running Linux (tested on Debian
stable).  I have also patched backend routines but have no way to test
them so they may be incomplete (x86 still works).

        My 400MHz G4 can just about decode 480x480 mpeg4.  Altivec
routines in libavcodec are unused (don't have a compiler that supports
them).  Live previews are a bit garbled -- I think the patches to
yuv420_argb32_non_mmx are correct but my machine just can't keep up.

        Developers, let me know if the changes should be done
differently.  The edits to the .pro files to include config.mak are
ugly but it seems that nested includes with relative path names don't
work properly so including it from settings.pro didn't work.  These
changes could be dropped if the user just edits settings.pro instead
of using the result "configure".  Or maybe there's a cleaner way to do
this.