[mythtv-users] Record on Backend, Watch LiveTV on Frontend?

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Tue Apr 15 21:54:17 EDT 2003

The performance of either the DB or the encoder can negatively impact
interactive usability of the application.  As long as this is the case,
DB performance will be an issue that bears attention.

I agree that things should be done efficiently.  When the schema and
queries are designed carefully, SQL transaction "preening" is redundant.

On Apr 11, at 04:22, Bruce Markey encoded a 3.6K recording: