[mythtv-users] /dev/dsp

Ray Parish rparish at digitalwebzone.com
Wed Apr 16 20:02:09 EDT 2003

I am using a WinTV GO PCI card. When the bttv driver loads, it shows it is
registering /dev/video0 and /dev/vbi0
But I never see anything about /dev/dsp

When I run setup and create the tuner setup I specify /dev/video0 and
/dev/vbi0, I then create the source (satellite DTV) and then finally
associate the television input from the card to the satellite source.
Then I exit out of the setup

I then startup mythbackend --logfile /var/log/mythbackend.log --daemon

Everything starts up fine

I then start up mythfrontend.
I choose tv, then watch tv.
I then see a GREEN screen with TV Fuzz at the very top of the screen. I can
then change channels but the screen remains the same, green with fuzz?
I also notice in the mythbackend.log file
"Cannnot open device /dev/dsp"

Please Help?