[mythtv-users] Selling MythTV with hardware

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sat Apr 19 16:20:43 EDT 2003

> Did anybody think of creating a business out of MythTV? It has some
> advantages over existing solutions like TiVo:

I think there is potentially a high end market also.  Add an RME audio card
(or a M-Audio Revo to keep price down).  Silent CD rom, etc (find out which
drive Meridian use on their 800 player).  Find the highest quality TV card
(perhaps the SAA7xxx based ones?).  Also make a digital tv version which
would have higher quality picture anyway (you should see the output from my
new DVB-T card!)

See www.avsforum.com in the HTPC section for a justification

Also look at the rather expensive Linn product which rips CD's to a hard
disk, and also the Meridian 800 series which uses PC components.

Myth will need to get some better de-interlace algorithms and a few other
tweaks to really break into that market though.  You are aiming at people
who have spent $20K on a projector and want absolute best quality.

Just a thought, but I think Myth can do it...