[mythtv-users] Selecting audio channels?

m simm msimm at ureach.com
Sat Apr 19 19:02:27 EDT 2003

A few channels in my TV setup (North American/NTSC/cable) are
set to the wrong audio channels, which just plays a track asking
me to adjust the channel or change to stereo. I'm wondering how
I select/change this for certain channels, or if there is a
way.

BTW, thanks Roberto. The tuning problem with FOX is transient so
I haven't had a problem with it yet (expect not to now), but
this looks like a good solution and I appreciate it. FWIW, I use
webmin to do most configuration in Mandake (that doesn't have a
good configuration tool integrated with Mandrake Control).
Webmin works good for editing MySQL tables (and network
interfaces and Shoreline firewall).

Zach Goss

> I have the same problem and I just went into the DB
Mythconverge (I =
> think) and then open the channel table. There is a field there
called =
> fine-tune to which you can increase or decrease some number
(1,3,4,-2, =
> etc...).
>
> I installed the odbc drivers in a windows machine and used
Access to get =
> connected to the DB using the mythtv user (password is
mythtv). It =