[mythtv-users] Switching between backends?

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Sat Apr 19 22:35:17 EDT 2003

I have 2 backend servers.  One of them (the master) has a WinTV-Go tuner
card with a full lineup of channels and the slave has a bt848 capture
card, with a single channel.  Is there any way to select which backend I
get when I start a frontend?  For the first frontend it will always go
to the master server and then the next frontend will get the slave
server with a single channel.  If there is not already a frontend
watching TV, the only way I can access the slave backend is if I
schedule a recording on the slave, then watch the recording.  There
seems to be no way to switch between backends.

Also, is there a way to set different encoding parameters for each
backend?  My slave backend has less power, and I would like to use more
conservative settings for it, both for live TV and recordings.  All my
recordings get generated with a recording profile of 0, do I have the
means to change in the interface or must I manually change it in the DB?
 How does the backend decide which recording profile to use for Live
TV-does it simply look for the name or does it have a hard coded ID?