[mythtv-users] I Can Not Get My TV Tuner Card To Show Up Under Backend Configuration.

Wesley Belk wesleymythtv at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 12:40:19 EDT 2003

I can not get my tuner card to show up under the backend configuration of Mythtv.  When I open Capture Cards nothing shows up beside Video device: or VBI device.  I am not sure what VBI stands for or what hardware does that function.  An audio device does show up though.  My tv card shows up under harddrake (Mandrake 9.1 device manager).  Any ideas, I am new to Linux so I am not that knowledgeable as to how devices are referred to under the /dev folder.  My audio is set to /dev/dsp, but I do not see a dsp folder under /dev.  I know my sound card works I have played mp3 on this linux system using this sound card.  Thank you for any help. Wesley