Alsasound not working - was "Re: [mythtv-users] It half works!"

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Tue Apr 22 20:04:12 EDT 2003

I don't believe ALSA works under RedHat 9 yet.  I'm running RedHat 9 on
my MythTV box, but I am using the latest kernel from 8.0 (2.4.18-17.8.0)
instead of any of the RedHat 9 kernels.  With 2.4.20-9, ALSA would
compile and install, but depmod would report unresolved symbols, so it
would never work.

Mike