[mythtv-users] ALSA Working But Not Remembering Settings

Dirk Timmermann dtimmerm at thirdgen.org
Wed Apr 23 21:26:16 EDT 2003

>From what I gathered in my searchings:
> I think this is actually 'ARTS' complaining - I'm not sure what ARTS is -
> but you don't seem to need it. I always kill off 'artsd' if I remember.

Artsd is the KDE 2 system sound server.

> If you find out how to stop it loading at startup, please let me know.

I disabled it from starting by getting into the CONTROL CENTER (for me, it's
clicking on the "red" hat [start button] then clicking CONTROL CENTER).
Should bring up the KDE Control System.  Go into SOUND AND MULTIMEDIA.  Go
into SOUND SYSTEM and uncheck "Start aRts soundserver on KDA Startup."