[mythtv-users] Has anyone made a MythTV distro?

Matthew Crowe mtcrowe at jupiter.wox.org
Fri Apr 25 17:31:16 EDT 2003

Hello -- relatively new user, first posting.

I've been reading the MythTV discussion archives for part of the day today and there
is a lot of discussion about this distro or that distro and getting things to work
with XYZ, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had considered putting together a MythTV distro that
installs onto a machine with as much info pre-configured as possible?

I'm sure that many people, myself included, are thinking of using Myth as a
stand-alone PVR solution.  It would be wonderful to have an ISO image that I can
plop onto a machine and have most of the installation and compilation done ahead of
time by an experienced professional.  (Or someone who got it working well enough. :)

There could be three flavors:  MythFull which contains the frontend, backend, and
database and is a "complete" solution, MythFront which would contain the front end
and be positioned as a "player-only" set-top box image, and MythBack which would
contain the back-end programs necessary to serve video out to the players.

Any thoughts?  Has there been any previous discussion of this topic that a newbie
such as myself may have missed?

Thanks in advance...

Matt