[mythtv-users] Channel Changing issue

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Sat Apr 26 16:56:58 EDT 2003

I've finally got my PVR250 running in Myth, but I can't change
channels.  I'm not sure if this is related to the PVR250 or a
mythfilldatabase issue.  When I hit the up or down arrow to change
channels I get this message in the backend console:

	Channel: '' was not found in the database.
	Most likely, the default channel set for this input
	(/dev/video0 Composite 0 )
	in setup is wrong
	Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure
	our inputs are associated properly with your cards.

What seems funny about that message is that if I go to the EPG, all the
listings are there...but maybe that's not an indicator of everything
being ok?  I do get the error during mythfilldatabase
"....deprecated...." that others have chatted about, but it still seems
to work.

On the frontend console I'm getting this message:

QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
rebuffering (136193 256000)

Thoughts?  Mythdatabase or somethign in the setup of the PVR250?  Side
notes...I'm running RH9 and if I use the ptune utility in the ivtv
drivers, I can change channels just fine.

Thanks, Mike